skeleton and widow necklace - skeleton or widow wax seal pendants
Well paired small skeleton and widow wax seal necklace charms ... or select just the skeleton or or just the widow charm or both charms ... memento mori wax seal jewelry and whimsigoth jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, a skeleton is symbolic of mortality.
Memento mori, a reminder that death comes to all living things and life is short so make now matter.
- approximate wax seal measurement - 7/8" x 1/4" (21mm x 7mm) - very small
- photographed next to a US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- select just the skeleton charm, just the widow charm, or both the skeleton and his widow charms options at checkout
- charms only - chains sold separately here
Hand crafted from just a portion of a large Georgian era (1714 - 1830) desk wax seal.
The interesting full size wax seal depicts an oval in the center which reads, in Latin, SPES MIHI SUMMUM BONUM SCHONDEL with the initials JFA.
A skeleton and a woman holding a bird leaning on a large anchor flank the oval.
An hour glass, a rake and a scythe, a wheat sheaf are engraved under the oval. At the top is a ribbon tied into a bow.
Find the full size skeleton and widow wax seal necklace here, as well as other varieties made with the large wax seal.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!