Unlock a world of possibility with a skeleton key wax seal necklace pendant ... it represents something hidden since it provides access to something that is locked, perhaps a mystery just begging to be unlocked, or it’s keeping safe a closely guarded secret. Meaningful wax seal jewelry.
"A small key can open a great door" ~ Karen Engelman from "The Stockholm Octavo"
- symbolism -
Besides being functional, keys have always been highly symbolic.
In heraldry, the key is a symbol of knowledge and of guardianship, and of dominion.
It also represents power, life, and secrets.
- approximate measurement - 1/2" x 5/8" (14mm x 16mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- the necklace is shown next to an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from an antique Georgian period fob wax seal that dates back to 1820.
Impressed with history!