Unlock a world of possibility with a skeleton key wax seal necklace, symbolizing knowledge, power, life, and secrets. A key symbolizes discovering something hidden since it provides access to something that is locked… perhaps a mystery just begging to be unlocked, or it’s keeping safe a closely guarded secret.
"A small key can open a great door" ~ Karen Engelman from "The Stockholm Octavo"
- description -
A simple skeleton key.
- symbolism -
Besides being functional, keys have always been highly symbolic.
In heraldry, the key is a symbol of knowledge and of guardianship, and of dominion.
Hand cast from an antique Georgian period fob wax seal that dates back to 1820, shown in the photo.
- approximate measurement - 1/2" x 5/8" (14mm x 16mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime, same size as current dimes
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!