Celebrate a dear friend with this lovely ship wax seal necklace friendship gift - a ship under the word FRIEND, sending a message of friendship - clever Victorian era wax seal jewelry.
- description -
A rebus wax seal with a tall masted ship on the water under the word FRIEND, friendship. A rebus is like a puzzle, or a riddle, where words and/or syllables are represented by pictures of objects, sometimes with actual words to convey a message.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, a ship is symbolic of an ancient sea voyage.
Hand cast from a Victorian era rotating multiple wax seal (1837 - 1901) and shown in the photograph but not available for purchase.
- approximate measurement - just over 1/2” (15mm x 15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!