Celebrate a dear friend with this lovely FRIENDship wax seal necklace ... a lovely gift for a true friend - clever Victorian era wax seal jewelry.
This is a rebus wax seal with a three masted ship on the water under the word FRIEND, sending a message of friendship. A rebus is like a puzzle, or a riddle, where words and/or syllables are represented by pictures of objects, sometimes with actual words to convey a message.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the ship is symbolic of an ancient sea voyage.
- approximate measurement - 5/8"x almost 5/8” (17mm x 15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a US dime and an inch ruler for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a Victorian era rotating multiple wax seal (1837 - 1901).
Impressed with history!