Ode to Ireland... a shamrock wax seal necklace, surrounded by the Gaelic words ERIN GO BRAGH which translates to IRELAND FOREVER! The three leafed clover is the flower or badge of Ireland and often represents St. Patrick's day. Legend says that each leaf of the shamrock has meaning: the first is for hope, the second for faith and the third for love.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the shamrock is symbolic of perpetuity... lasting forever or a very long time!
- approximate measurement - 1/2” (13mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a US dime and an inch ruler for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Impressed from an antique Victorian trinket wheel wax seal, which dates back to 1837 - 1901.
Find more chains and charm holders here.
Impressed with history!