A swimmingly delightful rare seahorse with his trident wax seal necklace pendant.
The seahorse, or sea dragon, from the genus Hippocampus, is a truly unusual fish! It swims upright, with its horse like head, jointed armor body and curly prehensile tail... which it uses to hold onto seaweed and coral. Delightful wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the seahorse is symbolic of one with power of the water and the trident represents maritime dominion.
- approximate measurement - just over 5/8” x 5/8" (17mm x 16mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a US dime and one inch ruler for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a lovely Victorian ring (1837 - 1901).
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!