A swimmingly delightful seahorse with his trident wax seal necklace pendant.
The seahorse, or sea dragon, from the genus Hippocampus, is a truly unusual fish ... it swims upright, with its horse like head, jointed armor body and curly prehensile tail... which it uses to hold onto seaweed and coral.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the seahorse is symbolic of one with power of the water and the trident represents maritime dominion.
- approximate measurement - almost 3/4” x 5/8" (19mm x 15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a US dime and a one inch ruler for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a chunky signet ring.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!