Ode to Scotland ... a small Scottish thistle wax seal necklace pendant surrounded by the words DINNA FORGET. Scottish wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the Scottish thistle is symbolic of defiance and surliness.
It is the royal badge of Scotland.
- approximate measurement - 1/2" (13mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- the words are small and hard to read on the wax seal charm
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a small antique Victorian trinket wax seal, which dates back to 1837 - 1901.
Impressed with history!
*DINNA FORGET... the prickly tale of the Scottish thistle... one dark night, in the middle ages when the Scots and Norsemen were at war, the Norsemen came ashore planning a surprise attack on the sleeping Scottish clansmen. The Norsemen removed their boots and crept quietly on bare feet until a sharp cry of pain shattered the quiet night... one of the Norsemen had stepped on the Scottish thistle, alerting the Scots to the surprise attack. They sprang into action and drove the invaders from their shores and the thistle was credited with saving the day... becoming the national flower and emblem of Scotland.