Wear with devotion, a Saint Benedictus wax seal necklace pendant, patron saint of Europe.
- description -
Saint Benedict with his arms raised and outstretched in prayer, looks upward to a radiant sky as he stand before his alter with a cross above a bible or book and a skull below it.
Next to this scene is the legend S’BENEDICTVS meaning the seal of Benedictus.
- symbolism -
Saint Benedict of Nursia is the patron saint of Europe, the founder of western monasticism and the Rule of St. Benedict, a book of common sense living rules with a unique spirit of balance, moderation and reasonableness about both spiritual wisdom for how to live a Christian life on earth and administrative wisdom about how to run an efficient monastery.
Hand cast from a antique French double ended wax seal that dates back to the 18th century, shown in the photo.
- approximate measurement - 3/4" by 7/8" (18mm x 22mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!