Wear with devotion, a Saint Benedictus wax seal necklace pendant, patron saint of Europe.
- description -
Saint Benedict with his arms raised and outstretched in prayer, looks upward to a radiant sky as he stand before his alter with a cross above a bible or book and a skull below it.
Next to this scene is the legend S’BENEDICTVS meaning the seal of Benedictus.
- symbolism -
Saint Benedict of Nursia is the patron saint of Europe, the founder of western monasticism and the Rule of St. Benedict, a book of common sense living rules with a unique spirit of balance, moderation and reasonableness about both spiritual wisdom for how to live a Christian life on earth and administrative wisdom about how to run an efficient monastery.
Hand cast from an antique French double ended wax seal that dates back to the 18th century, shown in the photo.
- approximate measurement - 3/4" by 7/8" (18mm x 22mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Impressed with history!