Wear with devotion, a Saint Benedictus wax seal necklace pendant and be reminded to live your life with a unique spirit of balance, moderation and reasonableness ... meaningful wax seal jewelry.
- description -
Saint Benedict, with his arms raised and outstretched in prayer, looks upward to a radiant sky as he stands before his alter with a cross, a bible and a skull.
Next to this scene is the legend S’BENEDICTVS meaning the seal of Benedictus.
- symbolism -
Saint Benedict of Nursia instructed his monks to “keep death daily before your eyes” ... meant to inspire them to intentionally think about their own death every day, as a means of appreciating the present and focus on the future.
He is the patron saint of Europe, the founder of western monasticism and the Rule of St. Benedict, a book of common sense living rules with a unique spirit of balance, moderation and reasonableness about both spiritual wisdom for how to live a Christian life on earth.
Impressed from an antique French double ended wax seal that dates back to the 18th century, shown in the photo but not available for purchase.
- approximate measurement - just over 7/8" x 3/4" (23mm x 20mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a US dime and a 1 inch ruler for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Impressed with history!