Adorn yourself with a lovely English rose wax seal necklace pendant. Meaningful wax seal jewelry.
"The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious to the rose" ~ Kahlil Gilbran
- symbolism -
A rose represents love and beauty. The rose leaf represents hope.
- approximate measurement - between 5/8” - 3/4" (18mm)
- shown with an old US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a small ring like antique wax seal that dates back to the early 1900's.
Find more rose wax seal jewelry, including the rose wax seal necklace in the last photo, here.
Impressed with history!
A little history I’ve dug up about the antique wax seal used to create this lovely rose wax seal necklace … it was part of a wax seal set called THE GEORGIAN SEALING SET, made in England, patent no 30394/10 and popular in 1910 - 1915, give or take a few years.
It seems there were just three or four small wax seals with this loop style handle and the imagery was emblematic for Scotland, England and Ireland; a thistle, a rose, a shamrock and apparently a harp. (I’m still looking for the harp!)
The sets varied but generally they came in a decorated cardboard box. Sometimes the lid of the box would have pictured wax sealing directions and in the sectioned compartments within the box were:
- in the most basic set; wax beads, a small candle, a ladle in which to melt the wax beads, and a small wax seal; the round loop handle often the same as the loop handle on the melting ladle
- some sets also included a small spirits burner with the wax beads, the melting ladle and the small round loop seal
- other sets included tiny candles, like cake candles, with a small brass candle holder, the wax beads, the melting ladle and the small round loop seal. Sometimes there was a compartment to hold the box of matches.