A very special rose wax seal necklace pendant with the sentiment England For Ever surrounding a long stemmed rose.
- symbolism -
The rose is the national flower of England, adopted as England’s emblem since the time of the Wars of the Roses - civil wars (1455-1485) between the royal house of Lancaster (whose emblem was a red rose) and the royal house of York (whose emblem was a white rose).
- approximate measurement - 1/2" (15mm x 16mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- the words are challenging to read on the wax seal charm
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a Victorian Era (1837 - 1901) amber glass block seal.
In England, the words FOR EVER are usually written as two separate words but in the United States it is written as one word, FOREVER.
Impressed with history!