Wind it back in time with a really unique sterling silver Queen Anne flintlock pistol watch key pendant or earrings.
Queen Anne pistols are a style of flintlock pistols characterized as such because the lockplate is forged in one piece with the breech of the barrel and the trigger plate, likely made in England during the reign of Queen Anne (1702-1714).
- approximate pendant measurement - 1 1/2" x 3/8” (30mm x 10mm)
- pistol metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- the chain is sold separately here
- more chains and charm holders are available here
- approximate earring charm measurement - 3/4"
- ear wires - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- earrings come with little plugs so you won't lose an earring
This pistol watch key has been reproduced from my collection of interesting novelty watch keys, the original shown in a photo, but it is not meant to wind your pocket watch as the end has been plugged.
A watch key, or key wind, was necessary to wind the watch and to set the movements. The sizes of the watch keys varied, and were made to fit the square shaft in the pocket watch to wind the watch, and the styles varied, some were no more than functional and some were fabulously ornate.
Impressed with history!
©2019 suegray jewelry