Be reminded to SPEAK AS YOU THINK while wearing this lovely parrot wax seal necklace.
- description -
The parrot stands on a small bit of earth and is surrounded by the English words SPEAK AS YOU THINK
- symbolism -
While parrots were often found on coats of arms, in heraldry its symbology is unknown, perhaps because is was known by other names, most often a popinjay but also known as a perroquet, papagay, papegay, and a papingay.
Historically, the popinjay was a symbol of wisdom and of good counsel.
In Medieval times only royalty or the very wealthy kept parrots.
Hand cast from a lovely antique Victorian era (1840) watch fob wax seal. See the photograph of the beautiful gold fob with its glowing chalcedony intaglio, not available for purchase.
- approximate measurement - just over 5/8” tall by 5/8" width (17mm x 16mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
The last photo shows the parrot wax seal fob and its impression in the PMC before all the finish work.
Impressed with history!