Make a small splash with a duet of small sterling silver mermaid wax seal earrings ... enchanting wax seal jewelry! The lovely mermaids holding their comb and mirror.
"I must be a mermaid... I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living" ~ Anais Nin
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the mermaid is symbolic of beauty, grace, eloquence, enchantment and mystery. She represents a safe voyage to those at sea.
- approximate measurement - 3/8” (10mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- ear wires - sterling silver
- included are little plugs for the ear wires - don't lose an earring
Hand crafted from just a portion of a larger antique armorial desk wax seal that dates back to the 1700 - 1800's.
Impressed with history!