MAY IT WATCH OVER YOU with a large all seeing eye wax seal necklace ... lovely protective wax seal jewelry, this one with the initials of the original intended owner.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the eye is symbolic of guidance and protection from above and providence in government.
- approximate measurement - 1” (26mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from an antique 19th century desk wax seal, from England, and shown in the photograph.
Impressed with history!
*The first official use of the all seeing eye dates back to 1797 when the Masons adopted the symbol as a seal. "And although our thoughts, words and actions, may be hidden from the eyes of man, yet that All-Seeing Eye, whom the Sun, Moon and Stars obey, and under whose watchful care even comets perform their stupendous revolutions, pervades the inmost recesses of the human heart, and will reward us according to our merits." ~ Thomas Smith Webb. The all seeing eye of God is a reminder that a Mason’s thoughts and deeds are always observed by God.