Be courageous and wear a little a reminder to take yourself out of your comfort zone with a lion holding an eagle armorial shield wax seal necklace pendant.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." ~ Anais Nin
- description -
This lovely lion stands holding a small armorial shield, within which is an eagle displayed, and it's tied by a ribbon.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the lion symbolizes dauntless courage. The lion is regarded as the king of beasts.
The eagle displayed, or spread eagle, symbolizes strength, bravery and alertness and also one who is high spirited, ingenious and quick witted. When the wings are displayed, as they are here, it signifies protection. The eagle is regarded as the king of birds.
Hand cast from a very interesting little antique Victorian (1837 - 1901) tie tack or lapel pin wax seal, shown in the photo.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” (20mm x 22mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!