lion holding shield wax seal necklace - wax seal jewelry
Be courageous wearing a reminder to take yourself out of your comfort zone with a lion wax seal necklace pendant, the lion holding an eagle armorial shield by a ribbon, the eagle displayed. Lovely historic sterling silver wax seal jewelry.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." ~ Anais Nin
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the lion is symbolic of dauntless courage. The lion is regarded as the king of beasts.
The eagle displayed, or spread eagle, represents strength, bravery and alertness and also one who is high spirited, ingenious and quick witted. When the wings are displayed, as they are here, it signifies protection. The eagle is regarded as the king of birds.
- approximate measurement - almost 1" x 7/8” (23mm x 20mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from an interesting antique Victorian (1837 - 1901) tie tack or lapel pin wax seal.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!