Hold court with a medieval courageous royal lion wax seal necklace pendant.
The lion, wearing a crown, is holding a cross scepter and a cross bearing orb ... rustic historic wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the lion represents dauntless courage, the crown is symbolic of prestige, royal authority and loyalty. The cross scepter represents faith and the cross bearing orb was a Christian symbol of authority used throughout the Middle Ages, and even today. It represents Christ's dominion over the world.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” x 5/8 (19mm x 17mm)
- shown with an old US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a well aged, early 14th century medieval wax seal that was once part of a swivel seal, with a griffin on the back side, the wax seal a bit corroded after spending centuries in the ground before being unearthed.
Find more chains here.
Impressed with history!