Thinking of MUM with a letter envelope wax seal necklace. Happy Mother's Day! The tiny letter envelope is sealed with a wax seal stamp under the addressee MUM. Meaningful wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
The Victorians took their letter writing very seriously. Really, it was the only means of personal communication over distances. There were books and guides for letter writing etiquette and details were important, such as paper choice, ink color, drawings, ribbons, and envelope ornamentation. The manner of sealing the letter was equally important - sealing wax color, and of course, to choose a seal that would hint to the contents of the letter. In this case, the recipient would know before breaking the seal that this note was from their special MUM.
- approximate measurement - just over 1/2” (14mm x 14mm) it's small
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a tiny Victorian fob wax seal (1837 - 1901).
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!