hare wax seal necklace - PRIVESV - medieval wax seal jewelry
Enjoy a peaceable life wearing a wonderful hare rabbit wax seal necklace pendant. The rustic hare or rabbit is surrounded by a Latin legend that reads PRIVESV and translates I AM PRIVATE which was a very common legend on non heraldic personal medieval seals and refers to the seals role in closing a private letter.
Meaningful medieval wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the hare is symbolic of one who enjoys a peaceable and retired life.
What a great retirement gift!
- approximate measurement - 3/4" (19mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- shown with a US dime and an inch ruler for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a small 14th - 15th century bronze Chessman type wax seal, shown in the photos but not available for purchase.
There is a slightly larger version of this seal in my etsy shop, the hare measuring 7/8"
The last photo depicts the 3/4" charm on the left and the last 3 charms depict the larger 7/8" charms.
Find more chains and charm holders here.
Impressed with history!