Need a hand? Catch and hold your wax seal necklace charms with a sterling silver hand holding a swivel fob dog clip wax seal charm catcher holder, reminiscent of the Georgian and Victorian Eras when both ladies and gentlemen would clasp their fobs, watches, charms and wax seals to a fob swivel that was attached to a short chain attached to a vest or waist coat, the swivel used to keep the chain from twisting so it would lie flat.
- description -
A solid sterling silver hand is pinching a lightly oxidized and brushed swivel fob that opens to clasp one to three wax seal charms. The necklace chain threads through the top of the solid sterling silver hand, with a detailed front and back - see the photos.
The chain shown fits easily through the hole at the top - it's an oxidized cable chain with a spring ring clasp. If you prefer a shiny, not oxidized, chain please leave a note at checkout.
If you don't order with this chain, I would recommend a chain with a loop size 2mm or smaller.
The swivel fob holder opens by pushing the pivot near the base/swivel part of the charm.
- symbolism -
Hands were popular symbols in sentimental Victorian jewellery/jewelry, often symbolic of loyalty, strength, romance and fidelity.
- hand approximate measurement - 1"x just over 1/4"(25mm x 9mm)
- swivel fob approximate measurement - 7/8” x 1/4" (23mm x 8mm)
- total charm holder approximate measurement - 1 3/4" long (42mm)
- metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- listing is for one hand swivel fob charm catcher
- the dragon wax seal charm is sold separately
- photographed next to an old US dime for scale
Find more charm hooks and holders here.
Impressed with history!
©2019 suegray jewelry