Believe… with a really beautiful guardian angels wax seal necklace depicting a religious figure, with arms outstretched, surrounded by guardian angels.
Guardian angels watch over all who believe.
- description -
A robed, religious figure with arms outstretched is welcoming four tiny guardian angels and this is surrounded by a legend that begins with the letters SIG, which is an abbreviation for “sigillum” or “the seal.” The legend could be personal, with the name or monastary following the SIG. It appears to read SIG:CONCR:SODAL:DE:MISROLCZ.FF:MIN:S:F:CON:
- symbolism -
A guardian angel is an angel that is assigned to protect and guide a particular person, group, kingdom, or country.
Hand cast from an antique European desk wax seal that dates back to the 1700 - 1800’s, but I'm not sure if it was meant for sealing wax or used to stamp coins and medals because the seal itself is made of steel and the top appears to have been struck by a hammer.
- approximate measurement - 7/8” x 1" (23mm x 27mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!