Believe … with a beautiful guardian angel wax seal necklace depicting a guardian angel, floating in the clouds, holding the hand of the child she is guarding, pointing to the sky.
Guardian angels watch over all who believe. A lovely talisman for yourself or a loved one ... meaningful wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
A guardian angel is an angel that is assigned to protect and guide a particular person, group, kingdom, or country.
Impressed with a utilitarian steel seal from 1820, it's got a strange shape that makes me wonder if it was meant to be a seal mold, likely a wax seal die for a seal maker.
It's entirely possible that the seal was engraved to honor the beautiful painting by Pietro da Cortona, 1656, titled The Guardian Angel. He painted it for the then Pope Alexander VII (born Fabio Chigi), who requested it together with a pendant with the archangel Michael.
- approximate measurement - just over 7/8” x 3/4" (23mm x 21mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Find more chains here.
Impressed with history!