A charming little fox head wax seal necklace, reminiscent of Victorian times when fox images were the staple of Victorian hunting jewelry, inspired by the sport of fox hunting and the fox hunting party … the thrill of the hunt.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the resourceful fox is symbolic of a quick thinker, especially in tricky situations, using wisdom and wit when making decisions, in his or her own defense and seeing through deception.
Hand cast from a Victorian era six sided cube wax seal (1837 - 1901), each of its six sides featuring hunting scenes. Shown in the photograph but not available for purchase.
- approximate measurement - 1/2” (14mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- also shown is a running fox wax seal necklace and a fox head watch key, both available separately.
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
more chains and charm holders available here.
Impressed with history!