A lucky find, a rustic medieval four leaf clover wax seal necklace pendant.
The four leaf clover quatrefoil is surrounded by the Latin legend which reads "IESVS ELDAO. IESVS translates to JESUS but I cannot yet find a translation for ELDAO.
“A best friend is like a four leaf clover... hard to find and lucky to have!”
- symbolism -
Legend has it that each leaf on a four leaf clover represents something different ... the first is for hope, the second is for faith, the third is for love and the fourth is for luck.
In heraldry, the quatrefoil brings good tidings.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” (20mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a Medieval bronze chessman type wax seal that dates back to the 1300 - 1400’s.
Impressed with history!