A classic motif, the gold fleur de lis wax seal necklace pendant. Classic wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In French, fleur means flower and lis means lily and the fleur de dis was a symbol of French royalty.
In heraldry, the stylized lily has three leaves which denote faith, wisdom and valor respectively.
It is often used as a heraldic charge and appears on countless coat of arms.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” (18 mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver) in 14k gold vermeil
- shown with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from an ornate antique desk wax seal.
Gold vermeil is a technique of plating that was developed by French artisans in the 18th century.
This high quality plating adds a thick layer of gold, in this case 2.5 microns of 14k gold, over .925 sterling silver.
It’s crafted only using precious metals so it is more hypoallergenic.
Care: it should be stored it in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight.
As with all jewelry, remove before bathing or applying perfume as this can cause dullness.
Impressed with history!