Hope and Joy... a fistful of flowers wax seal necklace pendant. A hand holding a posy of flowers, a rose and a lily, that appears through the clouds within a crest shield. Inspirational wax seal jewelry.
"Where flowers bloom, so does hope." ~ Lady Bird Johnson
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the hand represents a pledge of faith, sincerity and justice and the flowers symbolize hope and joy! God cares for the flowers.
- approximate measurement - 1/2” (15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a steel block seal dating back to Victorian times (1837 - 1901). The original wax seal was engraved for P.W. Flowers and is stored in a little wooden treen box with his surname on it.
The official description of this seal - out of clouds, a cubit arm, erect, in hand a rose and lily, each slipped. The motto for the family Flower, of Surrey, England, is FLORES CURAT DEUS and when translated from Latin means GOD CARES FOR THE FLOWERS.
Impressed with history!