A promise that I will remain steadfast with a wonderfully rustic medieval evergreen tree wax seal necklace pendant that sends the message I'll always be the same or I change only in death.
The evergreen tree is surrounded by the Latin legend SEMRAL FIINO which roughly translates ALWAYS THE SAME. Sentimental wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, a tree is often symbolic of life and the mystical connection of the earth with heaven and the underworld and specifically, evergreens symbolize immortality and eternal life because they retain their leaves throughout the winter.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" x 3/4” (17mm x 21mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a French medieval bronze chessman type seal, that dates to the 13th - 14th century, found after spending centuries in the ground before being unearthed.Find more chains here.
See the full medieval wax seal collection here.
Impressed with history!