A promise that I will remain steadfast with a wonderfully rustic medieval evergreen tree wax seal necklace pendant that sends the message I change only in death.
- description -
A rustic evergreen tree is surrounded by a Latin legend, in Lombardic script, that is difficult to read but it might say SEMRAL FIINO.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, a tree often symbolizes life and the mystical connection of the earth with heaven and the underworld and specifically, the cypress is the symbol of death and of eternal life.
Hand cast from a French medieval bronze chessman type seal, that dates to the 13th - 14th century. It's shown in the photo and notice you can still see the dirt caked in the engraving from spending centuries in the ground before being unearthed.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" x 3/4” (17mm x 21mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Find more chains here.
Impressed with history!