Spread your wings with this powerful eagle wax seal necklace pendant, the eagle displayed and wearing a crown within an armorial shield. Historically, the eagle is thought to be the bird to fly closest to heaven. Historical wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
The eagle is regarded as the king of birds and often used in heraldry.
It is symbolic of strength, bravery and alertness and also one who is high spirited, ingenious and quick witted.
When the wings are displayed, as they are here, it signifies protection.
In heraldry, the crown represents royal authority, prestige and loyalty.
- approximate measurement - 1” (25mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from an antique European desk seal that dates back to the mid 1800’s.
Impressed with history!