A symbol of protection, a gold fire breathing dragon wax seal necklace pendant, impressed from a Victorian wax seal to create meaningful wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry a dragon represents great courage and protection. With his sharp eye, he is the valiant guardian of treasures and is the bravest of all the creatures.
In London, where the historic City of London gates once stood, the Victorian era sculpture of a dragon serves as a protective guardian of the treasures of London.
- approximate measurement - between 1/2” - 5/8" (15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver) with a 14k gold vermeil
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Find the sterling silver dragon wax seal necklace here.
Hand crafted from a Victorian era (1837 - 1901) gold signet ring wax seal.
Gold vermeil is a technique of plating that was developed by French artisans in the 18th century.
This high quality plating adds a thick layer of gold, in this case 2.5 microns of 14k gold, over .925 sterling silver.
It’s crafted only using precious metals so it is more hypoallergenic.
Care: it should be stored it in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight.
As with all jewelry, remove before bathing or applying perfume as this can cause dullness.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!