A symbol of protection, a fire breathing dragon crest wax seal necklace pendant... impressed from a Victorian wax seal to create meaningful wax seal jewelry.
- description -
The dragon is an imaginary monster with four legs and a mixture of beast, bird, and reptile. This fire breathing dragon head sits above a crest wreath, or torse.
- symbolism -
In heraldry a dragon symbolizes great courage and protection. With his sharp eye, he is the valiant guardian of treasures and is the bravest of all the creatures.
In London, where the historic City of London gates once stood, the Victorian era sculpture of a dragon serves as a protective guardian of the treasures of London.
Hand cast from a Victorian era (1837 - 1901) gold signet ring wax seal, shown in the photograph but not available for purchase.
- approximate measurement - just over 1/2” (15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!