Here's to your loyal four legged friend, a rustic medieval dog wax seal necklace pendant.
“Happiness is a warm puppy” ~ Charles M. Schulz
- description -
A playful dog is surrounded by a Latin legend, in Lombardic script, that appears to read *VHVOIhVOEIH but I"m still working on a translation for that. Perhaps it was a personal seal.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the dog is symbolic of courage, vigilance and loyalty.
Hand cast from a small round bronze chessman type seal, that dates to the 14th - 15th century. See the photo.
- approximate measurement - almost 3/4” (18mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Find more chains here.
Impressed with history!