Here's to your loyal four legged friend, a rustic medieval dog wax seal necklace pendant ... faithful wax seal jewelry.
The playful dog is surrounded by a Latin legend that appears to read *VHVOIhVOEIH but I"m still working on a translation.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the dog is symbolic of courage, vigilance and loyalty.
- approximate measurement - almost 3/4” (18mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a small round bronze chessman type seal, that dates to the 14th - 15th century.
Find more chains here.
Impressed with history!