The devil with love! A cheeky little disagreeable devil wax seal necklace pendant, the devil complete with horns, a tail and holding a pitch fork is carrying away Cupid on his back and is surrounded by the French phrase LE DIABLE EMPORTE L'AMOUR which translates THE DEVIL WITH LOVE or more popularly THE HELL WITH LOVE.
Anti Valentine's day wax seal jewelry.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" (17 mm x 16mm)
- photographed with a US dime and a one inch ruler for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Impressed from a Georgian era French bone desk wax seal that dates back to 1714 - 1830.
Find more chains here.
Impressed with history!