A classic Victorian motif, Cupid riding a lion wax seal necklace pendant, the little winged Cupid is subduing the lion, sending the message that love conquers all. Inspirational sterling silver wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the lion is a symbol of strength and courage. Cupid represents love, and is the god of desire, love, attraction and affection.
- approximate measurement - 5/8” (16mm) so this is small
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a lovely early 19th century Victorian intaglio fob wax seal.
Impressed with history!