Crown wax seal necklace - God Save The King - wax seal jewelry
Wear a wonderful piece of history, a wax seal necklace with a Kings’ crown surrounded by a clan strap and buckle, or garter, within which is the sentiment GOD SAVE THE KING. Historic and royal wax seal jewelry.
The original fob seal, from which this charm was impressed, was worn by a Royalist supporter of George lll, the first Hanoverian king born in England. He reigned Britain and Ireland from 1760 until his death in 1820.
And for all the British royalty fans out there, in 1761 he purchased Buckingham House, which we now know as Buckingham Palace, because he desired a home close to St. James Place.
- approximate measurement - 1 1/4" x 7/8" (28mm x 22mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a US dime and an inch ruler for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Impressed from a gorgeous 1800's Georgian era (1714 - 1830) fob wax seal.
Find more chains and charm holders. here.
Impressed with history!