crow wax seal necklace - medieval wax seal jewelry
An old rustic crow wax seal necklace pendant, a lovely gift for a good friend. Lovely friendship medieval wax seal jewelry.
Crows are very social birds, sometimes forming flocks in the millions. They are inquisitive and sometimes mischievous, good learners, problem-solvers and are considered to be among the worlds most intelligent animals.
We often consider a crow to be an omen... good or bad, depending on the context.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the crow represents a strategist in battle, one who is watchful for friends and divine providence.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” (20mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a European medieval wax seal that dates back to the 1400 - 1500's.
Find more chains and charm holders here.
Impressed with history!