BOB SOIR ... a candle wax seal necklace with a hand holding a candle snuffer, ready to extinguish the flame of the candle under the French sentiment BON SOIR which translates GOOD EVENING or GOOD NIGHT Meaningful wax seal jewelry.
“We are such stuff as dreams are made on; and our little life Is rounded with a sleep." ~ William Shakespeare
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the candle is symbolic of light, life and spirituality.
A candle being snuffed out also represents mortality, that time has run out.
- approximate measurement - almost 5/8" (15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a US dime and one inch ruler for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Impressed from an antique Victorian Era (1837 - 1901) glass fob intaglio wax seal.
Impressed with history!