Send a message with this bird cage wax seal necklace pendant ... freedom makes me faithful says the little bird sitting in the door of the cage. Meaningful wax seal jewelry.
"I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; I am a free human being with an independent will." ~ Charlotte Brontë from Jane Eyre
- description -
A little bird cage with an open door surrounded by the French sentiment LA LIBERTE ME REND FIDELE which translates literally FREEDOM MAKES ME FAITHFUL meaning HE WHO TRAPS ME LOSES ME but the words are very small and difficult to read.
- approximate measurement - 5/8” (16mm x 18mm)
- the words are very small and very difficult to read
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a Victorian (1840) wax seal that's part of a romantic handcrafted turned ivory stacking tower of glass intaglio seals. The last photos depict the wax seal set and wax seal necklace charms made from the wax seals in the set.
Impressed with history!