beehive wax seal necklace - wax seal jewelry
A busy beehive wax seal necklace pendant, the beehive is suspended from a tree branch surrounded by a small swarm of busy bees. Meaningful wax seal jewelry that will make a lovely gift for the beekeeper, bee lover or those who create and adore the many gifts from busy bees.
- symbolism -
A beehive is a shelter for a colony of bees and in heraldry, is basket or dome shaped. It is a symbol of industry and cooperation. Another name for the beehive is bee skep.
The bee is symbolic of one who is industrious, hardworking and loyal.
It's a common symbol on coat of arms, family crests, in freemasonry and the Mormon religion/church.
- approximate measurement - almost 7/8" x 3/4" (20mm x 18mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from an antique Georgian fob wax seal, which dates back to 1714 – 1830.
Find more chains here.
The little bee silent wax seal charm is here.
Impressed with history!