A busy beehive wax seal necklace pendant, a lovely gift for the beekeeper, bee lover or those who create and adore the many gifts from busy bees.
- description -
A beehive is suspended from a tree branch surrounded by a small swarm of busy bees.
- symbolism -
A beehive is a shelter for a colony of bees and in heraldry, is basket or dome shaped. It is a symbol of industry and cooperation. Another name for the beehive is bee skep.
The bee symbolizes one who is industrious, hardworking and loyal.
It's a common symbol on coat of arms, family crests, in freemasonry and the Mormon religion/church.
Hand cast from a antique Georgian fob wax seal, which dates back to 1714 – 1830. The beautiful fob seal is shown in the photograph.
- approximate measurement - almost 3/4" x 7/8" (19mm x 21mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Find more chains here.
Impressed with history!