Keeping a secret? These bees are carefully guarding a secret with this busy beehive wax seal necklace pendant, a lovely gift for the beekeeper, bee lover or those who create and adore the many gifts from busy bees.
- description -
Bees swarm the little beehive surrounded by the French words NUL N'EN PENETRE LE SECRET which translates NO ONE PENETRATES THE SECRET.
- symbolism -
A beehive is a shelter for a colony of bees and in heraldry, is basket or dome shaped. It is a symbol of industry and cooperation. Another name for the beehive is bee skep.
The bee is symbolic of one who is industrious, hardworking and loyal.
It's a common symbol on coat of arms, family crests, in freemasonry and the Mormon religion/church.
Hand cast from a French restoration multiple wax seal set that dates back to 1827 (It was patented in France between January 1 - March 31, 1827). See the photo for a few of the lovely French wax seals included in the little case.
- approximate measurement - almost 1/2" x 5/8" (13mm x 15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!