A beautiful hinged trinket box or snuff box with a butterfly and flowers on a leafy vine, the details painted gold with an abalone or shell inlay.
- age - likely dates between late 1800's - early 1900's
- measures 4" x 1 3/4" x 1 1/4"
- likely a dark brown lacquered papier-mâché / paper mache with a faux tortoiseshell finish but looking at the top left corner of the box, where some paint has rubbed away, it could be a different material
- the hinge is in good working order and the box closed properly
- it looks as though the box was used to store gummed postage stamps as evidenced by the the interior of the box
- some minor cracks to the back of the box, under the hinge
- please review the photos to better understand my descriptions
- shows wear and tear as expected with age, sold as is
all sales final