With hope, a cabled anchor wax seal necklace pendant, the anchor sitting above the French sentiment motto ESPERANCE which translates HOPE ... meaningful sterling silver wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the anchor is a symbol of well grounded hope, salvation and steadfastness.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” x just under 3/4" (20mm x 17mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a US dime and an inch ruler for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a fabulous French Victorian (1837 - 1901) antique watch key wax seal.
"A ship should not ride on a single anchor, nor life on a single hope" ~ Epictetus.
More chains are available here.
Impressed with history!