A woman leaning on hope wax seal necklace pendant, as she leans on a large anchor. Faith leaning on hope.
- description -
A woman in a flowing gown leans on a large anchor, consoled by hope.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the anchor is a symbol of well grounded hope, salvation and stability.
Hand cast from a Georgian era (1714 - 1830) swivel watch fob wax seal, shown in the photo.
- approximate measurement - 7/8” x 3/4" (25mm x 20mm)
- shown next to an old US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Find more chains here.
Impressed with history!
Quite possibly this antique seal was modeled after this intaglio print.