The symbol of hope, an anchor and ship wax seal necklace pendant. Under the word HOPE is the sun shining upon a bird perched on a cabled anchor that leans against a rock and in the background is a ship on the water. Inspirational wax seal jewelry.
"A ship should not ride on a single anchor, nor life on a single hope" ~ Greek philosopher Epictetus
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the anchor is a symbol of well grounded hope. In stormy weather, the anchor was often the seaman’s last resort. It remains firm and steady amidst stormy waters so it represents a stability in us in the storms of life!
- approximate measurement - 7/8" x just over 1" wide (21mm x 28mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from an antique Victorian fob wax seal that dates back to 1875.
Find more chains here.
Impressed with history!