Borrowing from history, sterling silver ouroboros earrings, snake earrings.
The ouroboros is a serpent snake eating its own tail, an ancient symbol which signifies infinity, eternity and the cycle of life and death.
The original antique 19th century ouroboros was gold and is depicted in the 4th photo but that one is not available for purchase. Snake, or serpent, jewelry was very popular in the 19th century.
- ouroboros size - just over 5/8" (17mm)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- sterling silver ear wires
- earrings drop 1 1/8" from the hook bend to the bottom of the ouroboros
Impressed with history!
©2019 suegray jewelry