Unlock a world of possibility with a tiny skeleton key necklace charm, the key with a lovely rustic quatrefoil bow.
"A small key can open a great door" ~ Karen Engelman from "The Stockholm Octavo"
- description -
skeleton key: a key with a slender bit that can open many simple locks.
The quatrefoil has a symmetrical shape with four overlapping same-size circles… a representation of a four leafed clover and enjoyed its peak popularity during the Gothic and Renaissance eras.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, a key is symbolic of authority, sentiment and possibility.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" x 3/8” (17mm x 9mm)
- key metal - select sterling silver (.925 silver) or bronze
- the key is 3 dimensional, no flat back side.
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- listing is for one tiny key
- chain sold separately
Impressed with history!
©2013 suegray jewelry