A gorgeously textured star anise necklace pendant … Illicium verum ... endlessly interesting spicy jewelry.
Named for its star shaped pods, the star anise is rich in a variety of flavonoids and polyphenolic compounds that may help as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial.
Its antimicrobial properties might also help to treat fungal, bacterial and viral infections.
It is also said to be protective, it helps to stimulate intuition and increase success in both lucky endeavors and the attraction of a new love interest … it is commonly associated with love spells.
- approximate measurement - 1“ (25mm) including loop x 3/4” (20mm) x 6/32” (5mm) thick
- it’s solid and therefore a wee bit heavy weighing in at .219 oz.
- the star anise is beautifully textured on all four sides
- the suspension loop inside measures 4/32” (4.5 mm)
- metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a US dime and inch ruler for scale
- the listing is for the star anise charm only - the chain is sold separately here.
- and find more chains here.
I’ve sand cast the star anise pod in sterling silver and then had it lost wax cast in sterling silver before finishing it up in my own little studio ... hand crafted jewelry where how it's made matters.
“The most basic and reliable love potion was made from anise, rosemary, honey and cloves boiled for nine hours. Called Love Potion Number Nine, it worked best on the ninth hour or the ninth day of the ninth month.” ~ Alice Hoffman ~ “The Rules of Magic”
The Love Potion Number Nine charm necklace is here.
©2023 suegray jewelry