A small rustic sterling silver skull wax seal necklace charm, each one so unique with the different ways the wax flows when impressed ... memento mori wax seal jewelry
Since each is truly one of a kind and they all vary a bit you can select the specific charm in the first photo, and that is what you will receive, or you can select "surprise me" and I will do just that. As the charms in the first photo sell I will replace the photo with that of another specific charm.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull is symbolic of mortality and a reminder that death comes to all living things ... the Latin sentiment MEMENTO MORI means remember your death and is meant to inspire you to intentionally think about your own death every day, as a means of appreciating the present and focus on the future.
- approximate measurements vary (including top loop) - between 5/8” - 1/2" (15mm -12mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- select charm "1st charm" or "surprise me"
- photographed with a US dime and inch ruler for scale
- the chains in the photos are sold separately here and find more chains here.
Impressed in melted wax from just a portion of an antique Georgian wheel wax seal (1714 - 1830), shown in the photographs, the full size wax seal depicting a skull surrounded by the Latin sentiment ES FVI SVM ERIS which translates AS YOU ARE NOW SO ONCE WAS I, AS I AM NOW SO MUST YOU BE
Impressed with history!