planchette necklace - ouija board pendant - mystical jewelry
A mystical, magical and highly detailed planchette necklace ... with imagery you'd see on a ouija board ... the sun and moon, the alphabet, numbers 1 though 0, yes, no, stars and a skull.
The heart or shield shaped planchette has evolved from Victorian era seances when it was more of a writing device powered by the spirits. By 1890 the first Ouija board was manufactured in the US. This "talking board" with letters, numbers, yes, no and the sun, moon and stars and was accompanied by a planchette pointer to spell out its messages in a mysterious way as folks communicated with the spirits, those that have gone before.
- approximate measurement - 2" - 1 1/2" (50mm x 38mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a US dime and an inch for scale
- chain - this is the thicker sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp offered in my shop
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
- oxidized chain is shown ... please specify oxidized or shiny chain in notes at checkout
- please disregard the shiny or oxidized choices if you're selecting the charm only ... they are meant to describe the chain finish