Speak your mind wearing a little rooster, or cockerel, wax seal necklace, the rooster under the words WHILE I LIVE I'LL CROW!
- description -
A boastful rooster surrounded by the words WHILE I LIVE I'LL CROW!
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the cockerel or rooster symbolizes courage and perseverance; and is vigilant and protective.
The flamboyant actor Robert Coates, of the Theatre Royal on Drury Lane, used to go out in a custom-built carriage with a heraldic armorial device of a crowing cock and the motto "While I live, I'll crow!"
Hand cast from an antique Victorian trinket wheel wax seal, which dates back to 1837 - 1901.
- approximate measurement - 1/2" (13mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!